Monday, February 28, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 02-27-2022: Reunion Project Kicks Into High Gear, Bob Dylan in My Head, Thai Curry Dinner

 1. I shifted the project for the KHS Class of 72 I volunteered to carry out into high gear today and contacted many classmates, reminded them of the reunion's dates (July 15-17), and asked whether they will come, might come, or won't be able to come. When it comes time to send out registration forms, we'll send them to the "yes" and "maybe" people and not clutter up the inboxes and mailboxes of those who tell us they can't make it.  If you happen to be reading this and haven't heard from me, if I have your email address or if I can reach you through Facebook, you will get my note. I just got started on this project today and have quite a few more people still to contact. 

Lots of bonuses today. I made some new Facebook friends. I had some really positive exchanges with different classmates. I also am starting to get a sense of what attendance might be like in July. This project is off to a promising start and I'm enjoying working on it. 

2. I know when a song is stuck in my head I'm supposed to call it an ear worm. To me, ear worm says it's maddening not to be able to get the song to quit playing. What's it called when I am happy the song keeps playing over and over? I don't know, but whatever it's called, for the last day or two I keep hearing Bob Dylan's track "Duquesne Whistle" repeating itself and I'm enjoying it.

3. I had fun fixing a green Thai curry for Debbie and me late this afternoon. I tried a couple of new things. First, when I heated up the curry paste to start, I combined it with fresh squeezed lime juice. That worked. So did thinning the sauce at the end with crab stock (rather than water or boxed chicken stock). Tonight's curry was meatless -- red and yellow mini-peppers, red potato, green beans, and spinach. Served over jasmine rice, it was a satisfying meal and I doubled the recipe so we can eat this curry sauce again one day.

No comments: