Thursday, September 8, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 09-07-2022: Helping Luna Eat, Meeting Debbie at The Beanery, *Columbo* in the Living Room

 1. Luna showed a little more interest in food today. I have worked out a successful way to give her a little pill fragment twice a day. Right now, it seems like if I feed her some food from my finger or if I carry her to her food bowl, she'll eat more (and better) than if I leave her to her own devices. Luna is alert and responsive, but she's just not terribly interested in food and I hope she'll go back to her former eating habits before too long. If not, I'll continue to coax her with more proactive approaches.

2. I got a call from Debbie around 4:45 or so. It reminded me of when we lived in Maryland (with one exception). When we lived in Greenbelt, we had one car and I picked up Debbie from school. Often we went straight to (the now closed) Old Line Bistro and relaxed with a beer or two and often enjoyed a bite to eat. Today, after work, with the Sube in tow, Debbie called from The Beanery and I vaulted into the Camry and joined her. She was in the midst of discussion about teaching with Deanne.  I ordered a pint of the classic Mirror Pond Ale, listened in a bit, and then yakked with Fitz. After a while, we were by ourselves. We ordered a plate of pork nachos, finished them off, and went home. I'm wondering if this might become a nearly regular thing -- The Beanery's cocktail area is open Wednesday-Friday and just might be our after school meet up spot on those days. 

3. I watched an episode of Columbo. It featured Leonard Nimoy as an egotistical homicidal heart surgeon. I watched on my laptop and played the audio over our wireless speaker. Columbo is such a well-written show that Debbie enjoyed this episode sort of like a radio drama -- on occasion, she asked me what was happening on the screen, but most of the time she just enjoyed the repartee between Lt. Columbo and other characters and followed the story without much problem. 

No comments: