Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 09-19-2022: I Tested Negative, Solid All-Class Reunion Meeting, Snacks at Christy's

 1. Debbie returned to work today. Starting last night, my throat was sore and my chest was mildly congested. I didn't sleep very well. Today, I drank a lot of liquids, especially hot herbal tea, I napped, and paid attention to my throat, chest, and occasional cough. When Debbie returned home, she helped me take my first Covid test. It was negative. I've had go arounds much of my adult life with the mild symptoms I was feeling last night and today. I know what to do: eat more than usual, hydrate, and rest/nap. I'll keep doing that.

2. Our All-Class Reunion Committee met today at 6:30. It was impressive. Committee members got going on their tasks and the weekend's plans and activities are taking shape.

REMINDER: The dates for next summer's All-Class Reunion: July 21-23, 2023.

3. After the meeting, Paul, Christy, Carol, and I met in Christy's back yard for snacks and cocktails and a fire in Christy's fire pit. Christy made a vegetarian pizza using crescent rolls for a crust, Carol brought a crackers and dip, and I brought salami disks with cream cheese rolled inside them. There's a lot going on or coming up. Carol just returned from a trip to Lincoln City. Paul is starting rehearsals for a production in Wallace. Christy is preparing for a week away. I'll be going to Pendleton for a couple nights the first week of October. Paul's mother will be coming to Kellogg in early November. Debbie is getting back in the swing of her new job after a week away with Covid -- and she decided not to join us for snacks after the reunion meeting. She needed to go to bed. 

No comments: