Thursday, January 10, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 01/09/08: Happy Birthday, Sissy!, Gems Cascading, Subversive Jesus

1. It's InlandEmpireGirl's birthday. We had a lovely birthday chat on the telephone. You can learn more about her special day, here.

2. I enjoyed a one day, easily curable addiction to Miner Midas, found here. It would not satisfy the longing of my soul for completion, but it would be fun if I could find one puzzle game, slot machine, card game, word game, TV game show, or something along these lines that I was any good at. Good grief.

3. It was invigorating to look at the subversive nature of the parable of the Good Samaritan, to try to make that story strange and unfamiliar by looking at its rhetorical strategies and argumentative structure, not to mention its poetic/metaphorical features in ENG 107 today. I'm better at this sort of thing than I am at Miner Midas.

1 comment:

Christy Woolum said...

Try Text Twist on Yahoo Games.. it can be a small obsession.