Monday, January 21, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 01/20/08: Productive, Kendramama, Mental Toughness

1. The weight of depression continued to lift and I finished grading my first stack of Survey of World Literature papers. One more stack to go, yes, but when battling depression and procrastination, everything productive is positive.

2. Kendramama and I have become pandora.com pals and listening to her station named "Kendra's Sublime Radio" immediately widened my musical experience.

3. I'm not what would be called a big Patriots' fan, but this team amazes me in the way I most enjoy being amazed in sports: I love the mentally tough, the mentally willful, and the mentally dominate athlete or team. That's what the Patriots are. A less willful team would have given up touchdowns after those turnovers and been in a deep hole. Not the Pats. The Chargers never scored a touchdown and the Pats prevailed. Very impressive.

1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

Hello guy.... I have been away too long. But sometimes life gets in the way. Glad to see you will be rooting on the Pats with me.. lol
I am sitting here listen to the cd you sent me.. and the song How can I keep from singing is playing.. sure helps during these winter days. I can understand how you feel.. but I am only 1% of what you have. Mine is weather orientated. They say there is a condition called S.A.D.D. and I truly believe that is me. I snuggle in the covers in the morning...sleeping pass my get up time (thank God I am retired) not wanting to face the cold gloomy day, I don't know if I feel like I can sleep until Spring or what.. my days are sluggish... and I don't care if I get stuff done or not. I do them, but just not in the mood. Oh, please Spring come, sun come out.
Hope your days will wake with sunshine in your soul as well as the outside. And thanks for the sounds of sunshine in the cd.. Thank your wife as well.