Monday, May 4, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 05/04/09: Computer, Lovely Starbuck's Barista, Ahhh! Napster Again

1. I threw caution to the wind today and bought a new notebook computer. It's cheap and basic. I think it will satisfy my basic needs and, if nothing else, it's got me blogging again!

2. I went to Barnes and Noble to pick up a book about the Vista operating system and in the back of my mind wondered if a very sweet student of mine from winter quarter might be the Starbuck's barista. She was. I really enjoyed learning about her ballet and voice class at LCC and what she's thinking about as far as education after LCC. I'd been wanting to talk with her a bit about us both being Christian. It's not always easy to do at school. We talked a bit about Christian universities. I hope money, grace, and good luck fall into place so she can study at a Christian university when she's done at LCC. (That was my path. Two year school to a Christian college, North Idaho College to Whitworth. It was perfect for me.)

3. I'm plugged into Napster again and what a pleasure to listen to the Allman Brothers rock out the "Statesboro Blues" as I finish this sentence.

1 comment:

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Three beautiful things:

1) You are feeling better, and on the way to more wellness than illness.

2) You got a new laptop.

3) You are back to blogging.

Glad to have you back!!