Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 05/19/09: Mose Meets Van, Shear Decision, Beautiful Day Meets Deep Purple

1. Heard Van Morrison sing my favorite Mose Allison song "Your Mind is on Vacation (But Your Mouth is Working Overtime).

2. I finally got a haircut today at Perfect Cuts. I never learned the name of the woman who cut my hair. All I know is that she contracted pneumonia from infected teeth and that she cut my neckline with a six hundred dollar pair of scissors and decided the fifty buck pair would work better. She finished the job with the cut rate shears.

3. I listened to It's a Beautiful Day play "Bombay Calling" which called to mind Deep Purple's revising of its opening for their own beginning to "Child in Time" on their "In Rock" album. It's an ingenious borrowing, in my opinion, and a nice mash up of "Bombay Calling" with Deep Purple's own song.

No comments: