Monday, August 20, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 08/19/18: Getting Packed, Back to Johnny Worricker, Sunday Family Dinner

1. We are taking off for Spokane and an overnight at the Ramada Inn on Monday evening, but I wanted to make sure I have things in order and pretty much packed my suitcase today. It helped a lot that I did my laundry on Saturday.

2. I watched more Johnny Worricker today. I finished watching the episode "Page Eight" and then watched the entirety of "Turks and Caicos". I enjoyed the intrigue, David Hare's screenwriting, and very much enjoyed watching Bill Nighy, Helena Bonham Carter, Winona Ryder, Christopher Walken, and the rest of the cast bring this story to life. Later in the evening, I watched the first 30-40 minutes of the concluding episode of this trilogy, "Salting the Battlefield", and am eager to finish it.

It's odd -- and must come with age. I watched all three of these episodes back in March and April of 2015, but watching them this weekend, it's as if I never saw them before. I recognize the characters, but I have completely forgotten the storyline. It's as if I am watching this whole thing for the first time.

3. We had a relaxing and delicious family dinner tonight. Christy started us off with a Keto lemonade cocktail which was refreshing and delicious and then Carol presented us with Ronde de Nice zucchini stuffed with elk burger and Italian sausage and featuring a batch of Marcella Hazen tomato sauce along with onion, green pepper, and garlic. She also made a delicious green salad and Paul and Carol teamed up on grilling and dressing chopped chard. For dessert, Carol made a very good Keto chocolate zucchini cake. Our meal was graced by a cool and comfortable evening. There wasn't too much smoke in the air, so we could enjoy our dinner outside on Carol and Paul's patio.

No comments: