Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 08/26/18: Bagels, Naps, Beer and Dinner

1. We slept in. When we sprang back to life, Melissa, the Deke, and I meandered back to Josh and Adrienne's apartment for a Sunday bagel get together. Our travel and three straight nights of socializing was finally catching up to me and I was tired, barely able to converse with people and, in fact, at one point, I slipped into the basement and took my first nap of the day.

2. Melissa stayed in Nyack, but the Deke and I returned to our room in the middle of the day and we both crashed.

3. Late in the afternoon, the Deke and I rallied. We picked up Melissa at Adrienne and Josh's and motored north a few miles to a splendid brewery (District 96 Beer Factory) adjoined to an equally splendid eatery, The Burger Loft. I limited myself to a single 12 oz pour of one of District 96's Double IPAs, a juicy delight called Mother of All Bombs and ordered a delicious crab cake salad, a bowl of crispy greens, onions, and other vegetables with a flat crab cake on top. I enjoyed it a lot.

Melissa, the Deke, and I had fun yakkin' at The Burger Loft, even though we were all fading a bit, and soon we hit the road, traveled from New City, NY to Piermont and settled in for the night.

No comments: