Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 08/20/18: Johnny on the Run (and Margot, Too), Trip Prep, Remington's at the Ramada

1. This morning,  after I had a check engine scan run at Silver Valley Tire Center, I watched the third part of the Johnny Worricker trilogy, Salting the Battlefield. It's a thrilling story, but the thrills aren't built on car chases and things blowing up. Rather, it's a match of wits between the agents of MI5 and Johnny and Margot, on the run in Europe and the Prime Minister whose very political career is in peril. In this movie, I enjoyed seeing even more of Bill Nighy's range as an actor and I thought, once again, the screenwriting was sharp.

2. The Deke and I got our bags packed, things around the house straightened up, the dogs groomed, and ourselves fed with sandwiches from Subway before we took off for Spokane with a brief stop at Kohl's in the Spokane Valley so the Deke could buy another piece for the outfit she's wearing at Adrienne and Josh's wedding.

3. We got checked in at the Ramada Inn, paid to park the Sube there for a week, and meandered down to Remington's Lounge. I enjoyed a very tasty and perfectly toasted No-Li Amber Ale -- it was one of the most satisfying ambers I've every had -- with a shot of Jameson's Irish Whiskey. The Deke and I ordered a delicious crab artichoke dip with toasted flatbread. We loved winding down in this lounge at the Ramada. In fact, I loved it so much that I capped off our evening with a Jameson and ginger ale. We returned to our room. I dove straight into bed, knowing that our 4 a.m. wake up alarm would be sounding in seven hours.

No comments: