Saturday, June 12, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 06/10/2021: A New NYC Plan, Fixing Dinner with What's on Hand, Gibbs Sees a Deer

 1. I had planned to go into NYC on Tuesday to see Scott and Cate but had to cancel. It turns out the cancellation was a postponement. I contacted Scott today and worked out a schedule to meet up with him at O'Hara's Irish Pub and then see what might be next. Cate will be working, so I'll have to see her another time. It will be after their baby is born. But I am very happy that I get to hang out with Scott, be in NYC, and enjoy the much cooler weather that has settled in as the week comes to a close.

2. Debbie asked me to cook dinner. At first, thought it would be Thai curry, similar to what I fix in Kellogg. It turned out we didn't have all the ingredients on hand and so, looking to save myself a trip to the store, I did an online search for a recipe that includes coconut milk, chicken, and rice and found one called One Pan Coconut Chicken Curry and Rice. I made a couple of adjustments to the recipe -- no hot peppers, brown rice instead of white, a little more liquid -- and it turned out great and every one enjoyed it.  

3.  I took Gibbs for a short walk on a neighborhood loop I learned from Debbie and the highlight was seeing a stately deer across the street who took a couple of pauses to stare at us, much on some more grass and leaves, and then amble on down the block and eat some more food elsewhere. To my surprise and pleasure, Gibbs didn't bark at the deer and so the moment was peaceful for all of us. 

No comments: