Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 06/15/2021: Writing for Everett, Bill and Kat Play a Benefit, Outdoor Time for Luna and Copper

 1. As I grow older, I do everything slower. I am officiating the Celebration of Life for Everett on Saturday and I started taking notes and jotting possible approaches to the eulogy while I was in New York. I'm just not sure any longer that I can pull off a last minute composition of anything. 

Today, I completed about 95% of eulogy and I'm relieved that I won't be rushing around, trying to finish it, say, on Friday or Saturday morning. Mostly, I need to write the final paragraph and I think by stepping away from my day of writing in the evening and by reading and contemplating passages from the Episcopalian Book of Common Prayer that I have a pretty good idea of how I'm going to bring the eulogy to a close. 

With the eulogy completed, I can turn my attention to writing the opening prayers, the benediction, and announcements. I will also select a few passages to read from the Bible. I am nearly certain that by the time I go to bed Wednesday night, I'll have the entire service ready to go and can edit it, if needed, on Thursday and Friday.

2. Bill Davie has decided to perform Tree House concerts just once a month. Tonight, though, he teamed up with his longtime friend and fellow singer and songwriter, Kat Eggleston. They appeared live on YouTube from each their studios to perform a benefit concert for the great North Seattle bookstore, cafe, and music venue, The Couth Buzzard (8310 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103). They performed a beautiful concert. They traded songs back and forth, told stories, and praised the Couth Buzzard, inspiring us listeners to contribute to helping the Couth Buzzard move forward as Covid restrictions begin to ease. 

Interested in helping out? Here's a link to the GoFundMe page dedicated to this project: https://bit.ly/3gFoUlQ

3. More than Luna, Copper has shown interest in spending time in the back yard. Up until now, Copper and Luna have been indoor cats, but I've decided to let them go out in the enclosed back yard, explore around a bit, and find out if they enjoy it. So far, their times outside have been fairly short. I have heard Copper and Christy's cat, Grayson, make noises at each other, but they kept their distance. No harm. Of the two, Copper is, by my observation, the cat more prone to feeling stressed and I'd like to find out if spending some time on the deck, in the grass, and among the copious weeds might help relieve some of his occasional anxiety.


No comments: