Thursday, June 3, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 06/02/2021: Plymouth, Driving Back to NY, Garam Masala Excites My Senses

 1. The Troxstar checked out of the Charlesmark Hotel and returned to the Quincy Adams station, found the Trax, piled in it, and made our way to Plymouth.

We were near the waterfront in Plymouth and after a quick peek at Plymouth Rock we walked alongside a calming creek to the Plymouth Grist Mill where we were seated at Lucioso's Pub. 

I enjoyed a thick burger and fries with a Pepsi for lunch and enjoyed further yakkin' with the Troxstar. 

On our way back to the car, the sun was getting to me and I found a shaded place to sit and the Troxstar retrieved the Trax and picked me up.

2. I hung out for about 20-30 minutes at Ellie and Ernie's and then hit the road to return to New York. I don't quite remember where, but somewhere in Connecticut a car crash occurred and we all rolled to complete stop for about 40 minutes or so until the I-95 was open again. Soon after the delay, I stopped at a Service Plaza, resisted any temptation I might have to buy another Dunkin' Donut, but visited the men's room and filled the car's gas tank.

The rest of the drive went smoothly -- a slight slow down coming through New Haven -- and I arrived back in Valley Cottage tired, but safe and sound.

3. Debbie had made a turkey lentil dish seasoned beautifully with Garam Masala and served with cucumber slices. This dinner really hit the spot. It's been months since I'd eaten Debbie's cooking and it was a very welcome pleasure. 

No comments: