Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 05/15/07: Tech Man, Rant, Grandpa

1. I am advancing in my use of classroom technology. For the first time, I projected the world wide web on a screen in the classroom to demonstrate research possibilites on the internet and from LCC's website. It all worked out perfectly. I think only two or three students yawned!

2. K-Doe is angry about trying to take a midterm online that her instructor failed to make available for her. She sent me a delicious rant....oh, do I love a good rant...as long as I'm not the object of it!

3. I read a beautiful essay by Sarah. It's an homage to her grandfather who died in January. She told me she laughed out loud and cried while she wrote it. I see why. It's a touching and hilarious piece. He was quite a story-teller and lived a full and eccentric life.

No comments: