Saturday, May 26, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 05/26/07: Mom, Uncle Bill, Snug

1. Mom relaxes on InlandEmpireGirl's deck, with Lake Roosevelt over her shoulder and Annie nearby:
2. My uncle Bill was killed on the USS Selfridge at the Battle of Vella Lavella in October of 1943 and I spent time early this morning and on into the day learning more about the Selfridge, its missions, and the battle when the Selfridge was torpedoed and my uncle lost at sea.




3. Snug has travelled with me for about fourteen hours in the car since Wednesday. It was good to see him relax at InlandEmpireGirl's:


4 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh my goodness........ what a wonderful view, what a wonderful place to live...... what a lovely lady sitting on the deck.....

Fank you William for helping to make this world a better place... I oneday hope all was not in vain.....

My Janet would snuggle up with snugs if she was there lol

x

raymond pert said...

Jennifer: Snug was a very cute puppy but a little demon sometimes. He's behaving much better as he gets older and thanks to a little training from his old man.

Marmite Toasty: I'm honored. I will tell my mother you said she was lovely. She'll deny it!! It's her way..she's funny.. InlandEmpireGirl and her husband have taken a very ordinary property and turned it into a beautiful place..though the view was always there...they are clever, but they didn't create the lake!!

I learn more and more about my Uncle William (Bill) all the time via the internet and people who write to me, having read my blog.

Snug just asked me today if we could adopt a chicken for him to snuggle with!

MarmiteToasty said...

:) MrP, this is no word of a lie, but Janet comes in the catflap and snuggles in the cats basket even when one of me cats is there lol...... I often come in from being out and about and open the back door to find Janet sitting in me kitchen lol....... xx

raymond pert said...

Marmite: I enjoy reading about the wondrous Janet over at Twaddle. I think you must be like that All Things Bright and Beautiful guy or like Dr. Dolittle and have a real way with animals. Maybe you are Jane Goodall in disguise and have a way with chickens and cats rather than chimps!