Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Straddler Goes Home

Part of our collective bargaining agreement as faculty at Lane Community College is two personal leave days. I have failed to use these days many different school years in the past. This year I am going to take them on Thursday and Friday which means I have an extended three day holiday and have enough time to go home to Kellogg.

It feels really good anticipating the beautiful drive I'll have with Snug tomorrow. Once I escape the Willamette Valley, the world of expanse opens up, especially when I hit The Dalles and am in the great expanse of the Columbia River on up to the Tri-Cities and then the vast Palouse on to the open territory from Ritzville on in to Spokane.

I feel such relief in all the open area. I relax. I enjoy being able to see to my eye's limit and love the different skyscapes as different weather patterns develop at different points of the compass, all visible in the vast canopy of the sky, without huge mountains as barriers.

Once in Kellogg, I'll spend a couple of days there and then another gorgeous drive as I head up to InlandEmpireGirl's house on Lake Roosevelt. I love the drive from Spokane to Kettle Falls and am eager to take in the grandeur of Northeast Washington again.

I look forward to some kelloggbloggin' from Kellogg!

3 comments:

nonizamboni said...

I love that spot on I-90 just past the airport when you round the bend and all of a sudden Spokane appears!
I hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy every minute.
Be safe.

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

You'd love Texas - nothing to block the view of the sky. Nothing to see, really.

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

Oops. Actually I am jealous! I asked for this weekend off to go to the Valley, and was told I couldn't get it off. Then we made arrangements for V to take S back to the Palouse. She has to work this weekend, and plans to go up on Tues - but I have the weekend off and have to work Tues. . .
Grrrr!

Hope you have fun. If you go to the Boat to eat, and see a tall bald man there - about 80yrs old, tell him his oldest daughter is thinking about him. Okay? If you introduce yourself, he will know who you are.