Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Leaving LCC Today: Photos Tell the Story

On my way home from work at Lane Community College today, I snapped a variety of photos.

I love this sculpture, especially on our campus where so many students are working to stretch their wings and take off. I am not, however, pleased with my photos. I just couldn't seem to get the angle I'd like:



I haven't photographed the boy in the chair for a while. I like how he looks in the rain or under gray skies. I also like how he looks with the trees around him bare. But, I compromised today. Here he is with leaved trees and under a cloudless sky:




I'm such an amateur and often ineffective photo snapper. This sculpture is a fish (a snapper?) inside an oval. It looks so wonderful when I walk by it and around it, but nothing I do with my little digital camera seems to work in portraying it. See what you think:



Rhododendrans and azaleas thrive in the Eugene/Springfield area. I love the white foliage here:


I suppose since I had held a Shakespeare class this morning and because Shakespeare loves the ways opposites co-exist in the same moment, that I was drawn to this new iris side by side with a dead iris.

This solitary iris attracted me:


I decided to draw closer to it:


And, a little closer still:

When I gardened more, I was, in my own way, kind of lousy. I always thought weeds as well as diseased leaves had a distinct beauty:

And, lastly, it's kind of hard to resist these tiny yellow suns shining out of a halo of petals:

4 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

I am glad to see you out with the camera again!

Mommy Dearest said...

I'm a big fan of the boy in the chair. Reminds me of The Goo in our big dining room chair. Simply refuses to use a booster seat now. Thanks for the cheery pics.

MarmiteToasty said...

I LOVE the boy in the chair, now, is that like a GIANT chair or is it life size and the boy tiny?..... its like, so tiny in a huge seat of learning..... so much more to learn before one spreads their wings.....

I also love the fish nextest :) I think that is my own word LMFAO..... and white daisies are me most second favourite flowers after blue delphiniums......

I think you did good with ya camera :) I dont go anywhere without me camera :) it drives me maties MENTAL lol.....

Have a lovely Thursday.... at last the sun is shining here....

x

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

I especially like the flower shots. Even though the sculptures are fine. . .no one sculpts like God.