Monday, June 20, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 06/17/11: Lens, Cool Down, Elmer's Flat Iron Steak

1.  I put my new 50 mm. f/1.4 lens into action this morning and started to learn a bit about how it works with my Nikon body.  Here's one shot I took of Olivia:



2.  I checked into the N.Portland Day's Inn after it took four hours to drive from Eugene to Portland, with a lot of stand still time in the sunlight.  I don't have air conditioning and got hot, red, dehydrated, and sweaty.  Once in my room I took a most refreshing, ong, cool, reviving shower. 

3.  Jane Eischen and I met for dinner at Elmer's and picked up our many conversations right where we left off and had a great time. The food:  fantastic roasted asparagus, solid enough baked potato, plentiful salad, and a good steak, but (dare I say it?) I like the steaks I prepare at home more.  

No comments: