Friday, June 17, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 06/16/11: Camera to Boise, Lively Meeting, No to Jethro Tull (Sigh) and Yes to Billy Mac's (Yes!)

1.  I had an airhead, space cadet day, but I managed to get my Canon a640 and accessories packed up and mailed to JB in Boise.  All I forgot to pack was a letter explaining things.  It was that kind of absent-minded day. 

2.  The Adult Education Committee met today and it was the first time I'd been in a meeting with our new assisting priest Rev. Betsy Tesi.  Listening to her in this meeting further confirmed all of the positive impressions I've had of her enthusiasm, intelligence, great sense of humor, and ability to lead.  We have a project planned for the fall around the book "Christianity for the Rest of Us" and I very much look forward to working with Betsy and Bingham to get it off the ground and moving forward.

3.  Jethro Tull played tonight at the Cuthbert.  I've never heard Jethro Tull in concert and I've loved Jethro Tull ever since hearing cuts from "Aqualung" at Father Mac's house in the winter of 1972 after sledding in western Shoshone County.  I fell deeper in love when John Soini (R.I.P.) introduced me to "Thick as a Brick" and "Livin' in the Past" and then I got more deeply hooked with "A Passion Play".

I didn't go hear Jethro Tull tonight at the Cuthbert.

Why not?

I wanted to be with friends at Billy Mac's, especially because Molly and Olivia are back in town and tonight was a Billy Mac's reunion between friends and Molly and Olivia, particularly Olivia and Allie. 

So, as far as Jethro Tull's concert, I'm left to quote "Thick as a Brick" to myself:  "Really don't mind if you sit this one out".

No comments: