Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 06/27/11: Learn to Say Goodbye, Prospect Lunch, Reliable Beauty

1.  Bill, Diane, and I stretched out the morning as long as we could over bagels and caffeine and conversation and while getting the Ashland House picked up, swept up, and wiped up, but the inevitable march of time did make the inevitability of 11 a.m. inevitably arrive, and we had to bid one another so long, with the hope that we might have another get together later this summer, some where, some time.

2.  I left the Rogue-Umpqua National Scenic Byway and popped into the Prospect Cafe (and Trophy Room) for a thick juicy hamburger and fries.  I took some Prospect photos, too.

3.  I went on a photo walk at the Rogue River Natural Bridge (where I experimented without much success with slower shutter speeds).  I stopped at Clearwater Falls, but my stay was brief thanks to a storm cloud of mosquitoes.  I had to bypass Watson Falls (my favorite) because of road construction.  I had a good visit and a fun photo walk, however, at Toketee Falls.  Some photographs succeeded.  Some didn't.  The beauty of this part of Oregon, however, was, as always, perfectly reliable.

No comments: