Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 06/20/11: Looking at Pictures, Street Photos, Sticking With It

1.  I snapped a lot (for me) of pictures in Portland over the weekend and enjoyed looking at them this morning.  I can tell I have some things to learn about focus and exposure when using my new prime lens.  That's good.  Before too long, I'll post some albums and create some Flickr sets drawing upon these pictures.

2.  I think I learned from my experience in Portland that good shots are much more rare when shooting street pictures than when shooting bridges or flowers and other such things.  It makes perfect sense.  It sure makes the handful of shots that work pretty well especially pleasing.  For example, I like this one:




3.  I have to find something positive to say about the tedious task of reading a stack of job applications for minimum qualifications.  I guess that positive something would be, uh, well, hmmm --  how about this?  I stuck with it (but didn't finish).

No comments: