Monday, May 19, 2008

Dream Last Night

I'd been cast in a play. It was a Shakespeare play, but not one I recognize now that I'm awake. I was at rehearsal, three weeks before our play opened and I'd missed every rehearsal up to that point. I wondered if I'd been kicked off the cast. I wasn't. I didn't know my lines so I had to read from the book, but every time I tried to read my lines, I couldn't find my place. Every effort I made to be a part of the play was futile. Rehearsal was in a house in Kellogg up a hill. When I went to start my car, I'd left my lights on. The battery was dead. Dickie Costa needed a ride. I kept trying to find a place in my car where I could roll it downhill so I could start the car with compression. It was snowing. No one had jumper cables. I could move the car Fred Flintstone style, with my feet. I got the car to the front of a Chinese restaurant. Dickie was waiting for me, the snow starting to cover him. I rolled the car downhill, popped the clutch and turned the key and the car started. I woke up.

1 comment:

Hope said...

How did you feel when you woke up? Might be your ready to overcome those obstacles that are keeping you from doing the things you want:)