Saturday, November 1, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 11/01/08: Back, Gary, John

1. I posted again today. That really felt good. I've been overwhelmed lately with work and I've been struggling with some fatigue, and it was invigorating to write a blog post again and feel back in this groove again.

2. I ran into Gary, a former student of mine at LCC, and his wife, Jennifer, who was also my student once, at Border's today. Gary took about five or six courses with me and we became good friends. He is a veteran of the Navy and a very bright guy. We've lost touch since he left LCC and graduated from the U. of Oregon with a couple of degrees. I hope our reunion means that we'll get back to having a cup of coffee or something together again. He's a great guy.

3. I ran into John at the store today. John is a photographer and used to do a lot of work at LCC, but rarely works there anymore. It was good to see him. He's been through some personal grief and had some health problems. When I told him he was looking a lot better today, he smiled and told me that, indeed, things were going better. That was really good news.

No comments: