Sunday, November 23, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 11/23/08: Ezekiel, Foxy Dog, Dark Star

1. I was back in my role as Lector this morning at the 9:30 service. The Old Testament reading was from the Book of Ezekiel. It's so radical: I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, but the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them with justice.


2. Snug got groomed at Foxy Dog today and he's ready to roll.

3. A little after midnight last night, the XM Grateful Dead channel host played the second set from the Winterland 11/11/73 show, featuring the most sublime "Dark Star" I've ever heard. I can't begin to say how transported I felt by its avant garde jazzy flights into the far reaches of the space highway.

6 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

I am so pleased to see you back as Lector at church. It must be springer groomer week. JEJ made Annie look beautiful today for the upcoming holidays! Did Snug come home smelling like stale Pall Malls again?

Christy Woolum said...

I just noticed your Autumn in Lane County slide show. I hope it hasn't been up for a few months and I just noticed. Outstanding pictures.

Go Figure said...

I wonder who the people are in the photo.

MGM said...

Been meaning to tell ya for awhile now that I've prescribed your format for a couple different clients struggling with depression. I assigned them to make it a goal to think upon "Three Beautiful Things" as a step towards turning their depressed thinking around and seeing more beauty and joy in their lives. I credited you anonymously as a "friend who inspired the concept" Hope you don't mind.

I'm not sure if I know the true origins or intention behind this as your typical blog format, but I've always appreciated it!

myrtle beached whale said...

Hey Ezekiel:

Leave the fat people alone.

MarmiteToasty said...

I think you dear little snug gets its hair cut more times in a year then I have in a lifetime.....

x