Saturday, February 21, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 02/20/09: Melissa's Baby, 3:10, Molly's Baby

1. This morning, in our Fat Cats and Underdogs course, I was sitting next to Melissa while we were watching "People Like Us" and she leaned over to me and said, "Bill. I'm sorry. I have to leave. My contractions are fifteen minutes apart." I asked if I could help out and gave her some aid with her jacket and backpack. She turned to me and said, "I'll be sure to email you if I won't be in class on Monday." And people ask me why I love teaching at Lane Community College!

2. I loved watching "3:10 to Yuma". I was enamored with Christian Bale's intensity and the way Russell Crowe played an evil man with a sense of aesthetic beauty and a who has a small corner of goodness in his soul. I loved the horses. I loved the train. I loved the scenery. The story and the gunfights were exciting. So was the historical context. And, lastly, please, please Hollywood directors, cast Peter Fonda in more movies. I might like him even more than his father!

3. Molly's ultrasound pictures revealed that she will be giving birth to a girl. She's elated. Moreover, the baby's health is good. Molly's ice cream while bathing diet is working well for her baby!

No comments: