Saturday, July 22, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 07/21/17: Shopping for the Show, Listen to the Babes with Axes (LINKS!), Winding Down

Babes with Axes KRVM interview: here 

Babes with Axes July 22nd show live-streaming, starting at 7:50 for the 8:00 show: here

1. I ran errands this morning for the Babes with Axes. Since what I purchased is all pretty much a part of the Babes with Axes' longstanding commitment to having a contest and giving out prizes, I won't reveal any details of what I was shopping for.

2. When I was done shopping, I stopped in at Falling Sky's brewery and eatery just off E. 13th Avenue in the Oak Alley and enjoyed a salad and a bowl of cream of mushroom soup and a pint of their Another IPA.

I walked back to the condo we are renting this week to rest and at 4:30, I tuned into KRVM-FM for the radio interview with the Babes with Axes. Tears flowed as I listened to them perform on the radio as I was transported back to the Deke's and my early days together and how central the Deke's music, the Babes with Axes' music, and their many performances were to life back then.

If you'd like to listen to the interview and hear "Blackberry Vine", "Shades of Gray", and "Steal My Key", click here and click on the play icon.


On Saturday, July 22nd, at 8:00 p.m., if you are unable to be at WOW Hall for the Babes with Axes show, the plan is to live-stream it. That means you can go here at watch and listen.  Here is what TR Kelley says on her Facebook page:

 "The Babes with Axes WOW Hall show will be live-streamed on TR Kelley's page starting at 7:50 Pacific Time. It will be set to public, do not have to friend TR to see the show."

3.  The Deke and I returned to Cornucopia after some time in Laura's back yard winding down with the band. We grabbed a table outside out back and enjoyed the refreshing cool air and I enjoyed talking with the Deke and sipping some Whippersnapper whiskey.

No comments: