Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 11/21/17: More Business, Relaxing Lunch and Nap, Dinner Party

1. I tended to more business today: cancel insurance here, make a deposit on another job on the house there; the Deke and I talked about appliances at Watts; talked with Robin about paint at True Value; worked with Debbie in CdA on our kitchen design and chose cabinets; returned to Watts for some more looking and conversation. It's all good -- a bit overwhelming, but good.

2. After we checked on things at the house, we made a move to relax. We grabbed a table at Hill Street Depot where I sipped on a couple of Captain Morgan and ginger beer with lime and enjoyed a grinder and a cup of chicken gumbo soup. This mid-afternoon lunch not only relaxed me, it helped me come back to Carol and Paul's and take a refreshing nap.

3. Carol and Paul hosted a dinner party tonight, in large part to host Cosette's friends Sidnee, with her boy friend, Benjamin, and Jazmin. Carol fixed a macaroni and cheese dinner with roasted vegetables that was really good, but I ate very little after my filling lunch. Lively conversation filled the house.  The dinner party ended when we watched that episode of Golden Girls when Rose and Dorothy repair plumbing and Blanche decides she can't marry a multi-millionaire.

No comments: