Monday, November 20, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 11/19/17: Calm Morning, Driving Kellogg and Wardner, Sunday at the Lounge, Bonus: Two More Pics

1. Today was a calmer day. No dog jailbreaks. The Deke and I settled into staying at Carol and Paul's. Carol fixed delicious cream cheese eggs for breakfast. I enjoyed coffee and getting some writing done.

2. While the Deke knitted with Liz and Paige at Radio Brewing this afternoon, I took a little driving tour of Kellogg. I drove down the Portland hill, buzzed around St. Rita's Church, and explored Wardner a little bit. I made my way down to Best Shots for a couple of cocktails and some french fries.

3. When the Deke finished knitting, we noticed the lights were on in the Inland Lounge. We are never sure if it will be open on Sundays. We strolled in and spent a couple of hours yakkin' with Cas. The Deke and I split combination plate from Wah Hing next door.  We mourned the passing of David Cassidy. Bob played "I Think I Love You" over the Lounge's Atmos Dolby sound system.  I'll always know where I was -- the Inland Lounge --  the day David Cassidy, and the music, died. Rest in Peace, David. You are gone, but Keith Partridge will live forever.

Here are pictures I took after the first coat of varnish dried on our floors. The top picture is the kitchen with the living room on the bottom:



No comments: