Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 11/28/17: Counter Top and Sink, Dispersal of Funds, Dinner Next Door

1. The Deke and I went to CdA today to pick out counters and to try to pick out a kitchen sink. We succeeded in finding a gray counter top we think we'll like, but we didn't find the right sink yet and are going to keep looking. It's not like we are particular, but we need a sink that meets certain specifications and the sheer volume of sinks available is dizzying. This evening, we might have found one online -- we'll see!

2. In my ongoing effort as the executor of Mom's estate, I went over to Carol's so we could do some math together regarding the dispersal of funds. We agreed on who would get what and I wrote checks from the estate to both of my sisters. On Wednesday, I'll be able to do what I need to do to pay them for their share of the house. This process is going very smoothly, without disputes. I'm very grateful for this and I know Christy and Carol are, too.

3. Today was the slowest and least productive day of the remodel project for reasons having to do with drywall mud not fully drying. The guys worked on some electrical stuff that is temporarily fouled up and we had a brief period of time without heat. Christy and Everett invited us over to their house for a great dinner: pork chops, tiny potatoes, gravy, salad, and bread. They are having their backyard shed upgraded with insulation and electricity, so much of our talk tonight was about paint colors, sinks, electricity, and the anticipation of these projects coming to a successful conclusion.

No comments: