Thursday, September 20, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 09/19/18: Maggie's Back Home, Keeping Charly Company, A Pork Chop and Eggs

1.  At four o'clock this afternoon, the Deke picked up Maggie from the vet. The surgery was successful. The vet removed the growth and the biopsy report will be ready in 7-10 days. Maggie must suffer the indignity and disorientation of wearing a cone at least into next week while the surgery site heals. For much of the evening, Maggie paced around the house. She  kept bumping the cone into door jambs and chair legs. Watching her was at once comical and sorrowful. I was the first to go to bed tonight and Maggie seemed happy to join me. She settled down and fell asleep.

2. The Deke was out of the house quite a bit today. She left about 90 minutes early for book group at noon and around six o'clock she joined friends uptown to play Hearts and other card games. With Maggie gone until four o'clock, I stuck around the house, not wanting to leave Charly alone just yet. As it was, she had a couple sessions of whimpering. I think she missed Maggie. So we spent much of the day together so she wouldn't be any more lonely than she already was.

3. I was on my own for dinner. I thawed out a pork chop, seasoned it with salt, pepper, Old Bay seasoning, and some garlic pepper before frying it. I'm not sure how risky it is to eat pork that is a little pink, but I sure liked it this way. While my chop rested, I fried two eggs and enjoyed having a plate of breakfast food for dinner.

No comments: