Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 09/24/18: The Deke Flies Away, Buying a Used Car, Poker on PlutoTV

1. The Deke and I piled into the Sube and hustled to Spokane International Airport (GEG) so the Deke could catch her flight to Seattle before soaring to Eugene. On the way back from Spokane, I stopped at Starbuck's in CdA for a chocolate croissant and a cafe au lait which pleased and relaxed me.

2. I talked with Fitz about the car he and Deanne are selling and liked what he said about the maintenance that he and the previous owner have done on it and decided to buy it so that I'll have a vehicle to putter around in while the Deke is working in Eugene. It's another Subaru.

3. The television we bought a while back has Smartcast loaded on it and one of the apps is PlutoTV. One of PlutoTV's offerings is the World Poker Tour channel and around the clock it shows replays of WPT tournaments and final tables over the last dozen years or so. It's really easy for me to get hooked on -- I enjoy the telecasts and the drama of the different showdowns between players and I find commentators Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten fun to listen to. I got hooked on a couple tournaments this evening. I have to monitor myself so I don't let hours and hours of time get chewed up watching these reruns.

No comments: