Saturday, September 22, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 09/21/18: Maggie Progresses, Beer Club, Fun at the Lounge

1. Maggie is recovering comfortably from her surgery. Today the Deke went to CdA to tend to some business and brought Maggie an inflatable collar as an alternative to the plastic cone. Maggie seems more comfortable with the collar. She's even gone a few lengths of time with no collar, no cone. We just keep a close eye on her, making as sure as we can that she doesn't start licking the surgery area.

2. Shawn came over around five o'clock with a growler of Wallace Brewing's Strong Ale and sat at the kitchen table with the Deke and me for a rousing Beer Club session. We were few in number and didn't sample a whole lot of beer beyond the Strong Ale -- I drank most of a can of the Rogue Honey Kolsch that Shawn brought -- but we had a lot of fun telling stories and having some good laughs.

3. Shawn told us he was going to go up to the Inland Lounge and have a beer and order some Lo Mein from Wah Hing. That sounded like such a good idea that the Deke and I went up, too. The Deke decided she wanted food from Radio Brewing, so she strolled farther uptown for her dinner.  Shawn and I bellied up to the bar and ordered our food and enjoyed it a lot. The Deke popped back in just as I was plunging into my noodles and Cas brought her a plate and a fork so she could share in my enjoyment of my plate of food. I'd been yakkin' with Pat K. and I got to gab with John and Margie and before long Ron and Jess came in and a fine gabfest ensued. Cas had been to Pittsburgh during the week and he brought me back a Pirates baseball cap. I've never had a Pirates cap and having one now makes me very happy.

No comments: