Thursday, September 27, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 09/26/18: Sube II is Legal, Sube II is Insured, No Panic Barking

1. I whipped in Sube II right up to the courthouse this morning and had the car's title transferred, registered Sube II, and got new license plates. I'm glad I called the Motor Vehicle Division before I went up because I thought I would also need proof of insurance and a VIN inspection and, because the car's was titled in Idaho, I needed neither.

2. Back in Kellogg, I bolted into the offices of Kellogg Insurance and talked with Phyllis, an agent who took care of Mom for years, first at the bank and then as an insurance agent. I decided last year to also work with Phyllis. After we finished our business, she told me that Kim, the woman who ran the music stage for many years at Eugene's Saturday Market and whose son was a student of mine at LCC, is her cousin. It was a lot of fun talking about how that was true.

3. Because I'll be on the road all day Thursday driving to Portland and the Deke doesn't arrive back to Kellogg until the early evening on Thursday, Maggie and Charly need to be watched. I phoned Carol and wondered if she would be able to take in the dogs and wondered if she'd take them to her house tonight so I could vacuum. The corgis go nuts when the vacuum cleaner is running and normally the Deke takes them to the basement when I want to vacuum. Carol happily agreed to take them in and so I vacuumed this evening. The house was blissfully absent of scream panic high decibel Corgy barking.

No comments: