Sunday, September 23, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 09/22/18: Writing, Autumn Poem Search, The Lounge Valet Service

1. I wrote a lot today. I worked on my blog and wrote emails. The Deke was puttering around the house, taking care of some clutter here, cleaning surfaces there. I wondered if she needed a hand with anything and she said she'd let me know of she did. She didn't and wrote and wrote.

2. I didn't quite finish my writing projects. Christy assigned Carol, her, and me to share an autumn poem and write about it. This assignment stumped me. I don't have many poetry books or anthologies around the house any longer -- I gave boxes and boxes of books away when we made our two cross country moves over the last four years -- so I searched and searched the World Wide Web for an autumn poem I wanted to share and write about. I found one. I typed it out on my blog. I was poised to write my sibling assignment -- and then the Deke texted me. I'll finish the blog post on Sunday.

3. The Deke wanted to get out of the house and had buzzed up to the Inland Lounge. She texted me to say Cas was going to come by our house and give me a ride up to the Lounge. This would be my first time being served by the Inland Lounge's Exclusive Valet Service. I joined the Deke and we relaxed for about an hour and a half.  I got in some serious yakkin' not only with Cas and Tracy, but also with Bird Legs and, later, Eddie Joe. Eddie Joe's new food hut on wheels, EJ's Eats, was in operation down the street in the parking lot of  Dirty Ernie's where a raucous celebration was underway to say goodbye to the Camerons who just sold their joint.  Maybe the party welcomed the new owners. I don't know. But changes are afoot in Kellogg: Best Shots suffered a basement fire and is closed indefinitely with extensive smoke damage; Radio Brewing is now open five days a week instead of seven, taking Tuesday and Wednesday off; and, the Sunshine Inn, which had been operating on weekends (sometimes) has been dark for several weeks.

No comments: