Saturday, November 16, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 11/15/19: Charly's Restless Hours, Breakfast at Sam's, A Quiet and Kind of Perfect Day

1. I don't remember exactly when Charly last had a restless few hours before going to sleep, but it happened Thursday night on into the beginning of Friday morning.  Charly whined. She whimpered. She even mewled a little. I took her outside. I fed her some food. Maybe this helped. I don't know. Eventually, she fell asleep and so did I. All day Friday, Charly was fine.

2. Charly's restlessness moved me to set an alarm for 5:30 a.m. so that I wouldn't sleep through breakfast at Sam's. Good thing I did! The alarm shook me out of a deep sleep. I enjoyed eating a half order of biscuits and sausage gravy with a couple of scrambled eggs and listening to funny stories.

3. I stayed home today and it took me much of the day to launder clothes and bedding. It turned into a most enjoyable day. I kept the house quiet -- no music, no podcasts, no television, no conversations, nothing. I worked crosswords. I drank hot coffee and tea. Charly rested peacefully all day. Stu kept me updated via text messages on the Zags win over Texas A&M. I cleaned much of the kitchen. I loved eating the hamburger soup I made the other day -- the carrots and white corn kernels give it a sweetness that works for me. I put fresh sheets and blankets on the bed. I ended my day with a hot chocolate and brandy. Yeah. It was, in its own way, kind of a perfect day.

No comments: