Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Three Beautiful Things 06/22/20: Gibbs Meets the Vacuum Cleaner, Reset Button, Deck Time BONUS A Limerick by Stu

1. We introduced Gibbs to the vacuum cleaner today when I freshened up our living room, kitchen, and Vizio room. He survived, in part, by wisely spending much of my housecleaning time in the back yard.

2. The sprinkling system was scheduled to come on this morning and didn't. The outlet it's plugged into didn't have any juice.  I checked the electricity box in the basement and the power was turned on. I was stumped, but before calling an electrician, I asked Paul if he could take a look at things, that there might be something simple going on that I was missing. There was. I didn't realize the outlet had a reset button that had popped out. Paul spotted it, pushed it in, and solved the problem. I made sure the sprinkling system was set the way I wanted. I had actually learned about reset buttons in outlets three years ago in our kitchen, but I failed to think of it today. Now I'm a changed person. Going forward, I'll always check for a reset button and make sure it's pushed in.

3. We hired Zoe to bake us some hamburger buns and early this evening, while they were on a walk, Paul, Carol, and Zoe delivered the buns to Debbie and me while we were relaxing on the back deck. We had a lot of fun talking about this and that and had some good laughs. After they left, Debbie and I retired to the living room, watched some news programming, and brought our fairly uneventful day to a close.

Here's a limerick by Stu:

Crazy, wacky and lousy name a few.
Awful, stinkin’ and anger used too.
These adjectives a plenty,
Describe 2020.
But, looking back to 2019 who knew?

No comments: