Thursday, June 11, 2020

Three Beautiful Things 06/10/20: A Little Longer Walk, Happy Hour, Stretching the Curry BONUS A Limerick by Stu

1. I extended the length of my walk a bit this afternoon. I parked at the hospital, walked to the high school and looped around the back of it, strolled through the breezeway, and then walked the trail, made my way to Cameron and headed west to the four-way stop, and turned north and returned to the Sube. I'm seeing other promising ways to lengthen my walk and, soon, I think I'll feel like hitting the hiking trail again.

2. Christy, Everett, Paul, Debbie, and I enjoyed a happy hour on Christy and Everett's deck around 4:00 or so. I enjoyed mixing myself a dry martnini, up, stirred, with three almond stuffed green olives.

Paul has retired from the teaching at the high school and the school year is over. I enjoyed listening to him talk about being done -- I had wondered if he still had work to do to get cleared out of the high school building. He doesn't. He's finished. Now his changed life gets underway.

3. Back home, I fried a couple of salmon burger patties, fixed a batch of brown rice, and heated up the left over green curry from Monday's dinner. The salmon was a great addition and we enjoyed stretching the curry a bit and getting another meal out of it.


Today, Stu commemorates National Corn on the Cob Day!

This food is enjoyed from your hand.
Needs napkin you must understand.
Can be eaten by row,
Or start up and work low.
Once husked is enjoyed ‘cross the land.

No comments: