Thursday, July 2, 2020

Three Beautiful Things 07/01/20: Shopping Spree, Debbie in the Kitchen, Willie Nelson on *Monk* BONUS A Limerick by Stu

1. I've had some things in mind to buy to enhance my life of puzzling, hiking, biking, and reading and to make life around the house a little more comfortable (handkerchiefs, slippers, T-shirts, etc.). So, I did some online shopping today and within the week I'll have a couple new books of word puzzles, a map of and a map history of London, a handful of poetry collections, a bike tire pump and new lock, a pedometer, new hiking shoes, and some personal items. I rarely go on a shopping spree so, to me, it's a big deal when I buy myself a few things. 

2. Debbie reconstituted the curry and rice I made Tuesday into a curry stew by adding leftover rice, sweet potatoes, and some chicken stock to the sauce I made. She also opened up a can of salmon and made the best canned fish salad I've ever tasted.

3. After we watched some news programming this evening, Debbie and I watched what we both thought was a brilliant episode of Monk. It featured Willie Nelson playing himself and being accused of the murder of his manager. I loved hearing Willie Nelson perform. Monk's work was impeccable. After Monk solved the case, the episode ended with a scene that I didn't see coming and that moved me to tears.

After Monk concluded, Debbie had a lot on her mind about making music and her hopes and dreams in that part of her life as well as some other non-musical things. We talked. Before we knew it, it was the next day by the time we wrapped things up and hit the sack. Being retired and deciding to lie low and stay at home makes it easier to stay up late because there is nothing we have to do in the morning to keep us from getting the eight hours of sleep we both enjoy and seem to need.



Here's a limerick by Stu:


Lilies and Daisies and Roses.
Add some Iris and Mums I supposes.
Plant a shrub here or there,
Marigolds if you dare.
Then water them all with your hoses.

No comments: