Saturday, July 4, 2020

Three Beautiful Things 07/03/20: New Pedometer, Mediterranean Salad, Late Night Talking BONUS A Limerick by Stu

1. My new pedometer arrived today. It's a simple device that I will use to keep track of steps, time, and miles. That's about all it measures and it's all I want. Having a device to measure steps and so on is motivating for me. I guess I just like to know what I've done and it makes it easier for me to determine numbers I'd like to achieve. I tested my pedometer up Jacobs Gulch today, parking at the medical center and then walking to the high school and heading behind it before returning to the car. I walked just over a mile in the growing shade and the increasingly cooler air. I enjoyed it.

2. Debbie made an awesome Mediterranean wheat berry salad. I want to read the recipe she used and understand better what ingredients made it taste so delicious. I loved the texture of the wheat berries -- I know that -- and I really enjoyed the salad's acidity, thanks to the red wine vinegar. But there's more and I want to match my pleasure to the ingredients. She also made a creamy, tasty bowl of hummus and it complimented the salad perfectly.

3. Debbie and I watched about 45 minutes of  news programming tonight and then, instead of watching more television, we yakked for a couple of hours or so about all sorts of things ranging from current events and history to family news and how Gibbs is doing. We are really happy that, so far, Gibbs has no reaction to the noise of independence cracking and popping all around us in the evening and that, again, so far, he is very content to have come into our life.


Stu wrote a limerick in celebration of Independence Day:


Give a cheer to the red, white and blue.
With fireworks and sparklers on cue.
Enjoy burgers and franks,
And give history much thanks.
It gave freedom to do what you do.

No comments: