Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Three Beautiful Things 10/26/20: Mobile Again, Short Outing, Potato Soup Warmed Me BONUS A Limerick by Stu

 Reminder: Starting Sunday, Nov. 1, Facebook will no longer publish Notes. On that day, I'll start posting a link to my daily posts that will take you to www.kelloggbloggin.blogspot.com.  If you receive my daily posts by email, nothing will change. 

1.  When my right big toe swells up, it always follows a reliable schedule of settling down again. Today, I walked without a limp, my toe had regained a high percentage of its motion, and I continued to ice it off and on through the day. My toe is no longer impeding me from doing anything, but it's still red and I still feel a mild level of discomfort.

2.  Able to get around much better, I leapt into the Sube and rocketed up to the Post Office and mailed Debbie her Chromebook. She likes the one she left behind in Kellogg better than the one she had left in New York to use. I also popped into Yoke's to buy groceries for my pantry and a few things for Christy, too. I'm happy to say that, had I wanted to, I could have skipped up and down the aisles, my toe felt so comfortable.

I'm not sure who John Wallaston thinks I am, but he was having a bite to eat at Yoke's this afternoon, left his table, came up to me as I was exiting the store, and said, without any context, "Ed Holland was my favorite teacher in high school." 

I replied, "Yeah. He was a good friend of our family. We were really sad to lose him."

John then told me a story about Ed at Kellogg High School that I didn't quite understand and we bade each other farewell.

3. It's chilly in Kellogg and even though I had a big green salad with salmon pieces in it all ready to eat from, I decided I wanted something warming and fixed myself a pot of potato soup. It warmed me. And, as a bonus, I have a nice bowl of leftover soup for the next time I get a little chilly around here. 

I just received Stu's limerick and, lo and behold, we both have potatoes on our minds!


Here's a limerick by Stu:

There are things you can eat on a dare. 
Like a bug some folks like to prepare. 
But whether mashed, baked or fried, 
Most people who’ve tried. 
Have enjoyed eating the great pomme de terre. 

National Potato Day


No comments: