Thursday, October 6, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 10-04-2022: Packing and Memory, Preparing the Camry, Restless Nights with Luna

1. I really don't trust my memory the way I used to. So I made a list of what I wanted to be sure to remember to pack for the trip to Pendleton. I needed to do a couple of loads of laundry and began to gather things like toothpaste, shaving cream, power cords, my pill tray, and other things. Even with my list to double check that I had everything, I put my stuff out in plain sight so that I'd be doubly or triply reassured that I had what I wanted.

2. I also wanted the Camry to look good and be clean and enjoyable for Ed, my Wednesday passenger. I drove the Camry through the car wash at Silver Valley Tire Center and vacuumed the interior. I bolted down the street to the gas station and filled up. 

Now the car was ready for travel.

3. My nights have been eventful. I really like having Copper and Luna sleep with me, but Luna can require a lot of maintenance during the night. If she's not right where she wants to be, she paws my hair or my arm and I gladly accommodate her wishes as I do what's needed for her to move to a different spot, but it means I go through several asleep/awake cycles during the night. Some of this is my fault. I'm up often during the night to go to the bathroom and this often messes up Luna's comfort in bed. Copper is unbothered by all of this. 

My nights aren't as restful nor as refreshing as I'd like, but, oddly, I don't care that much. 

I just can't get upset with Luna.


No comments: