Friday, October 7, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 10-06-2022: Relaxed Morning, Drive to Meacham, Steak Dinner at the Plateau

1. I enjoyed a relaxing morning. After eating half of my sausage mushroom omelet, sourdough toast, and hash browns for breakfast, I retired to my room and worked word puzzles, wrote in this blog, and took a euphoric nap. 

2. Rested and relaxed, I was ready for a short road trip. Ed and I piled into the Camry and I drove us up to Meacham where we took a table at the Oregon Trail Grocery and Deli. I wasn't very hungry and knew I'd be eating a big meal this evening, so I ordered a can of Montucky beer and split an order of fries with Ed, who enjoyed a grilled cheese sandwich. The cook at this place in Meacham is superb. Ed loved his grilled cheese and our fries were perfect. It was a good day in the Oregon Trail Grocery and Deli. Several old timers from town were in, another couple old guys drove up from Pendleton because they'd heard the food at the Oregon Trail was superb, and a few guys popped in and out to get beer or energy drinks to carry out. 

3. Around 5:30, Ed, Lars, Jake, Terry, Mike, and I were seated at a back room table at the Plateau Steakhouse. I started off with a dry gin martini up. For food, I started with a fresh, delicious Caesar salad and then progressed to an 8 oz filet mignon with sides of crunchy Brussels sprouts and sautéed mushrooms. I also ordered a glass of pinot noir. I thought I was done when I finished my steak dinner, but the other guys started ordering dessert and I decided that I'd like a small dish of strawberry ice cream and it topped off this delicious dinner perfectly.


No comments: