Saturday, October 8, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 10-07-2022: A Small Tower of Breakfast, Easy Drive to Kingston/Kellogg, I Was Bushed!

1. Terry had to leave the Wildhorse Resort Thursday night for a meeting in Salem on Friday, so our group was down to five at breakfast: I joined Lars, Jake, Ed, and Mike. We were in good spirits, especially after such a full day on Thursday. I tried out a different order this morning: two halves of a biscuit served with a small sausage patty, scrambled eggs, and sausage gravy on top of them, accompanied by an order of hash browns. I couldn't eat it all, but enjoyed what I did eat. When I order biscuits and gravy elsewhere,  I usually order scrambled eggs with it and I enjoyed these things all piled into a small tower this morning. 

2. Ed and I hit the road for the Silver Valley around 11:00 and enjoyed an easy drive. We stopped at Country Mercantile outside the Tri-Cities on Highway 395. I wasn't in a purchasing mood, but I was thirsty for a cola. That's all I did in this great emporium stocked with candy, nuts, fresh produce, gift items, and other items. I didn't order a sandwich. I didn't order a burrito. I passed up on scores of options. I just poured myself a Pepsi, took a seat, drank the pop, and filled the cup with water and more ice for the road. Ed shopped for some chocolate for Nancy. It was a perfect spot to stretch our legs, enjoy the Mercantile's good cheer, and leap back in the Camry and blast our way home.

3. Back home, I was bushed! It really hit me once I came in the house and then went over to Christy's where she and Debbie were visiting. I didn't stay long. I returned home and lay down with Copper and Luna. Luna absolutely velcroed herself to my chest and went into deep motorboat purring. Earlier, I had thought it would be fun to go up to The Lounge this evening, but, lo and behold, I wanted to stay put, crawl under the covers early, and recover from about 600 miles of uneventful driving, a lot of superb socializing, our great meals, and all that fun at the Wildhorse Resort! 

No comments: