Monday, October 10, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 10-09-2022: Copying Photographs, Debbie's Treasures, Musgrove Passes Inspection and Padres Win

1. I really don't care to try to explain myself, but I am in the midst of figuring out if  I want to work with my photographs in a Windows environment again. I took my first step today when I copied my photographs stored on my external storage drive to my new PC laptop. I didn't dilly dally much, but, on occasion, I looked at some of my. pictures from over the last 10-12 years and enjoyed remembering taking them and especially enjoyed remembering where I was when I did. I'm hoping this experiment gets me out taking pictures again. I've had a long dry spell.

2. I also transferred folders from Debbie's old PC laptop that I had stored on my external storage drive to my Dropbox account. I gave Debbie my Dropbox login information and I think she also enjoyed looking at not only teaching materials from her Charlemagne days, but also at pictures she'd taken of grandchildren, Charlemagne students, and a few from when Babes with Axes were setting up for their first reunion concert back in 2014.

3. From my view of things, the new Major League Baseball playoff format worked splendidly. Giving the higher seeded team all the home games in a three game playoff turned out NOT to give a decided disadvantage to the lower seeded visiting squad. Philadelphia, Seattle, and San Diego all won their series on the road. Cleveland won their series at home, but both of their wins were one run squeakers, the second going 15 innings before the Guardians' Oscar Gonzalez blasted a game winning 410 foot round tripper. 

I kept an eye on tonight's Padres/Mets contest. Joe Musgrove was the game's star. He not only pitched a one-hit gem for seven innings but he endured an umpire's TSA-like ear inspection to start the bottom of the 6th inning to see if he was applying a sticky substance from his ears to the baseball, illegally increasing the spin rate of his pitches. 

The umps cleared him to travel and, unfazed by the examination, Musgrove mowed down the Mets in the 6th and 7th innings and relievers Robert Suarez and Josh Hader blanked the Mets in the 8th and 9th. 


No comments: