Friday, October 14, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 10-13-2022: Plotting Out Friday and Saturday, Laptop Stays in Kellogg, Children Applaud Kandinsky

 1. I know it's not THAT big of a deal, but when we moved to Kellogg, I came to realize that a lot of the things in life I enjoy are not in Kellogg, but not far away either. Back in 2018 and on into 2019 and into early 2020, I made solo trips to Spokane to hear live music and do other things. (I also had really fun trips over, sometimes with Linda, to play trivia with Mary and Kathy.) My last trip to Spokane was in March of 2020 and I've missed these solo outings. 

Well, I'm going to spend Friday night in Spokane and today I plotted out a course of action for Friday that includes trying out a bagel shop in CdA, going to a movie around noon in Hayden, and heading over to Spokane, settling into the room I'm renting, and going downtown for sushi and Friday night's show at the Bing. I'm hoping after the show I'll find a place to enjoy a post-concert martini. I'll take Uber downtown and back to my room. 

I also have a couple of errands to run in CdA on Friday morning. 

Here's hoping everything pans out. 

I look forward to resuming this way of enjoying myself after a two and half year drought!

2. I got packed for my overnight and decided that I'm leaving my laptop at home. If I need to access the internet, I can use my phone, but I'm making plans for both Friday and on Saturday morning that will have me out and about in CdA and Spokane and I'll do my usual morning writing and other stuff when I return home on Saturday.

3. Debbie is introducing the beauty of color and shapes to her students by taking them into the abstract paintings of Wassily Kandinsky. Today, she showed the students slides of his work. The kids were not only into quietly watching these slides, at one point four of the students were so excited by a particular Kandinsky painting that they broke into spontaneous applause. 

No comments: