Sunday, June 5, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 06/05/11: Gratitude, Nap, Perfect Dinner

1.  After the great week I spent in Orofino, having conferences with students, spending time with friends at Billy Mac's, rehearsing and narrating the Shakespeare Showcase, and so on, I was dead tired today.  Still, I went to church and was glad I did.  Out of nowhere, tears started running from my eyes.  I was simply happy to be in a pew at St. Mary's Episcopal Church and happy to have been worshiping there for so many years. 

2.  Exhaustion led to an inevitable nap in the afternoon.  It provided some respite. 

3.  I got going a little after my nap and remembered those tri tip steaks in the fridge.  I seasoned them up a bit while potatoes baked in the oven and I sauteed some onion and fried some corn and sizzled the steak for Deke and me.  It was a perfect dinner.  So simple and so delicious.  So juicy and so tasty.

No comments: