Friday, July 25, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 07/25/08: Pictures of Amazon Park, Snug's Ready, There Will be Blood

1. I decided that I had to try to take some pictures while Snug and I walked in Amazon Park today, even though I find that Snug often walks better if I'm not stopping to snap off shots. So here goes:

Snug loves this tall grass. I wish I could unleash him.

Here's a wooded area in Amazon Park. It's sizable urban park in Eugene.

Here's a walking/biking path. Snug loves how the city leaves grass to grow tall along these paths.

2. Snug is becoming more cooperative when it comes time to be leashed up to go out for a walk:




3. I watched "There Will be Blood" this afternoon. It left me cold. I admired Daniel Day-Lewis' intense and creative inhabitation of his character, Daniel Fairview, and the movie was brilliantly shot. The pictures were stunning. I longed for a better story, especially when the movie lasted two and a half hours. I haven't talked with anyone about this movie. I'd enjoy hearing what others had to say....if you read this post and have seen "There Will be Blood".


5 comments:

MGM said...

Such a pretty dog! Reminds me of the Springer Spaniel I had in my childhood. She was such a sweet companion!

JBelle said...

I liked the House Snug the best. Love the House Snug!

MarmiteToasty said...

My friend has just gotten a dog just like snug from the animal rescue place...... my Jacob so so so SOOoooo wants a dog.... but Im so torn, just something/someone else to love that will disappear eventually......

I havent seen the film of which you speak...... cant remember the last film I watched..... but now I might have to flick though the film channel and see if its there for the watching.....

x

JBelle said...

uh, Raymond? I haven't seen 'There Will be Blood'. But when I do, or when I gather enough strength to watch it, I'll check back with you. (You can't pictures of Snug and then ask questions independent of a good lookin' dog like that.

Nita Jo said...

Sorry... haven't seen the movie. Haven't even been to one in two years.

But Snug... What gorgeous eyes! Especially in the next to last shot. Makes me long for a dog again.