Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 07/16/08: Blood Pressure Relief, The Machinist, Crime Drama Knitting

1. 112/75. My blood pressure was in good shape this morning and Dr. Ghandour seems happy with my current state of health. I'll have blood work done in the morning to make sure other problems are holding steady, not worsening; good news: my crappy kidneys like it when my blood pressure is good.

2. I watched Jennifer Jason Leigh perfectly portray a call girl who falls in love with a guilt-ridden, gaunt insomniac played by Christian Bale in the surreal movie "The Machinist".

3. The Deke has watched about 100, 000 hours of crime drama television in Kellogg since she arrived on Monday. I'm sure she's knitted enough sweaters, hats, caps, vests, and driver covers to clothe my mother's block and cover all the drivers at Kellogg Country Club, too.

No comments: