Saturday, August 1, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 08/01/09: Blessed Rage for Order, Deli Delight, Rueful Laugh

  1. It's what Wallace Stevens in his poem "The Idea of Order at Key West" calls the blessed rage for order. I continued my summer long project of deleting the thousands of duplicate files from my external storage drive and backed up my July blog posts today. About the storage drive: it has tons of space on it. It's not like the duplicate files are taking up space I desperately need. I don't know what it is: I just want it to be orderly and the duplicate files are disorderly to me ---- I guess, in this regard, I'm not Robert Herrick, as reflected in his poem, "Delight in Disorder"!
  2. Rather than seeming put out as I added Genoa Salami and Australian White Cheddar cheese and six dolmas to my order of Lebanese Bologna, the woman at the deli counter at the Kiva seemed to take delight in my ever increasing order.
  3. The checker at Market of Choice laughed ruefully as she gave me my receipt and told me to enjoy my day, "whatever the weather is."

No comments: