Friday, February 16, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 02/15/18: Walking Uptown, Legs, Chicken Tacos

1.  The sun broke out today. The sidewalks were bare. The conditions were ideal for walking, so I walked uptown and deposited a small refund Mom received from Avista into the estate account. By walking to the bank and back, I strolled about two and half miles.

2. It was time for me to work on my legs on the weight machines at the Wellness Center, so I got that done. I thought how much I would enjoy it to walk a couple of miles or so before going to the weight machines, like I did today, rather than working out on the stationary bike or the treadmill. I hope I can do it the way I did today more often.

3. I had some chicken left over even after Christy, Everett, and I shared a meal on Tuesday and I made chicken and dumplings on Wednesday. I decided I had just enough chicken left to make tacos. I bought some small corn tortillas and shredded cheese at Yoke's. When I got home, I put the shredded chicken in the cast iron skillet with chili powder and lime juice, heated it up and warmed the tortillas on the center grilling area on our stove. I also warmed up some black beans.  It all worked splendidly together and with the addition of the salsa we had in the fridge, I enjoyed another simple and satisfying meal made from the whole chicken I braised on Tuesday. 

No comments: